I am a DevOps engineer with a passion for technology, automation, Linux and OpenSource. I love learning new tricks and challenging myself with new tools being released on a monthly bases around kubernetes and/or configuration management. On my free time, I like to write automation tools and packages which can be found on PyPI. Or, I might as well tinker with new things around kubernetes. I blog about all that here. I think if I can write a blog about it, I understand it enough to have an opinion about it. It all comes in handy when the business need arises. I play around with technologies all day long by deploying, configuring, managing and maintaining all parts of the infrastructure below the application layer. I dabbled with "architecting" parts of different infrastructures, from end to end and I can say I have a knack for it and I like it when possible.
Here's a quick and dirty list of some of the technologies I've had my hands dirty with.
- Neworking: Configuring routers and switches (Brocade, CISCO, Dell).
- Infrastructure: Finding, automating, deploying and managing infrastructure key services. Too many to mention.
- Virtualization: Building infrastructures for virtualization (HyperV, libvirt, proxmox, RHEV, VMWare).
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- CI/CD: Gitlab-CI, Jenkins.
- Cloud: AWS.
- Development: Python packages for plugging in different technologies together for automation.
- Containers: Docker and Kubernetes deployment, management and supporting team deployments.